Okay! It's been a while since I last posted, a lot has happened lately
and I simply didn't have time to post, but now I'm back,
and I would like to announce the release of Animaonline Weather API 2.0 BETA,
quite some time has passed since the first release (One year actually!), I had some time to go trough the code, and it was then that I found out that the whole code would be better if I rewrite it from scratch; so I did..
The new release of awAPI has A LOT of improvements.
- The performance has been drastically improved by 70-100 percent
- The user now has ability to select the language the weather data will be queried in.
- Querying weather data is now even simpler, can be done by one line of code!
- I added GeoServices support, this includes GeoCoding (Which lets you find associated geographic coordinates from other geographic data, such as street addresses, or zip codes)
- Reverse GeoCoding (Which is the opposite of GeoCoding: finding an associated textual location such as a street address, from geographic coordinates.)
- GPS Support (Combined with GeoServices let's you query weather for the region you are in)
- Google’s Maps support, allows you to generate Google Maps combining it with weather, GeoServices and GPS data
- Multi Platform support, run the API on Windows, CE Devices, and the Mono Framework
Note: This is still a BETA version; I'm working on improving the final version and adding new features.
Check out the Recent Check-ins page for the latest version or visit this page for a compiled binary.
You can make a donation if you'd like to support my work.
Back to Home